Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane

(Sung to the tune of “Leaving On a Jet Plane”)

Oh our bags are packed and we’re ready to go,
We’re standing here outside our door,
Checking to be sure that we have everything.

Passports and paperwork, cameras and snacks,
Suitcases, IPod, books and backpacks,
Don’t forget the bottles and the Cherrios!

Chorus:

We’re leaving on jet plane, to go to China again
Ready to meet our little one waiting for us!

So many times I signed my name,
Paid the fees as they came,
Fingerprinted, scrutinized, stamped and approved.

But it’s worth every minute of what I have to do,
To hold you close and whisper I love you,
I’ve waited so many years to make you mine.

Chorus:

We’re leaving on a jet plane, to go to China again,
Walk the Great Wall on which we’ll roam,
But most of all welcome you home.

Will she love me, hate me or worse?
Will she be frightened to see me at first?
I'm terrified and excited at the same time.

Big sister too is waiting to depart,
Getting very antsy and ready to start,
But still not sure she wants to share her Mom.

But I know that once those little arms,
Reach for her sister to keep her from harm,
The love that is in them both will be set free.

Chorus:

We’re leaving on a jet plane, to go to China again,
Have I remembered everything?
Oh my, so much I have to bring!

And now comes the time to get on board,
Find our seats amongst the seething hordes,
And try to stay calm and enjoy this incredible trip.

Chorus:

Yes, we’re leaving on that jet plane, to go to China again,
Ready to meet our little one waiting for us!

Yes, leaving on that jet plane, and bring home baby again,
Oh how exciting life can be….baby are you ready for me?

KKW ©2008

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

congrats!!

Debby said...

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Debby
mom to Lindsi & Jami

Denise said...

So excited for you! I have that photo album for you to take. Call me this weekend so I can get it to you.